Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hatred and Ignorance

I'm angry. There's no need to sugar coat it, or pretend that I'm not.

I'm angry that there are so many misconceptions about obesity - not to mention size acceptance in general.

What in the world makes it acceptable to treat someone in society as if they belong in a lower class of humans? When did we start allowing the circumference of ones waist to be the deciding factor of their merit as a human being?

I have heard many stories lately of intolerance, injustice, and plain cruelty.

When you allow yourself to hold hatred for someone, you are really losing the opportunity to grow as a person.

How many obese people have suffered at the hands of strangers, wether it be at the hands of their stares, glares,or unwelcome comments? How many of us encounter that behavior every day?

Even worse still, how many of us go home and look in the mirror with the same hatred of ourselves? How many of us show ignorance to our own selves by putting ourselves down just like those nasty strangers that we inevitably encounter?

Bash me all you want.
What matters is that today,starting right now,I will no longer bash myself on your behalf.

For that is the ultimate display of hatred and ignorance.

1 comment:

  1. Who's bashing you? Take that anger and do something productive with it. Hope your weight loss journey is going well.

    ReplyDelete