Monday 4 February 2013

Milestone

I had surgery 8 weeks ago today.

I now weigh less than I did after 8 months of WW. 

Considering I weighed more at the start of my surgery than I did at the start of WW,  that is pretty amazing!

I have reached the lowest point of my recorded weight.  Before WW, way back in my University days (16 years ago) my weight was exactly what it is today.
Considering that since childhood (with the exception of WW) my weight showed only a steady growth, the fact that I managed to get back to what I weighed 16 years ago is a real feat.

But don't get me wrong.  This journey is not an easy one.  While I still enjoy cooking and preparing meals, I do not enjoy eating.  Watching me eat sometimes it can appear as though I have an eating disorder.  I have to think about every morsel.  I often push my food around my plate.  I struggle even still to drink enough liquids, and I hardly ever get the target amounts in.

I evny the people out there who can diet successfully and get to where they need to be on their own.  If I could have, I would have done so in a heartbeat.

Surgery is not for everyone.  But it saved my life.  And although I struggle every day, I would have it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations HP I am very proud of you!

    Any way we manage to lose our weight, it is a daily struggle to maintain the loss and to batttle food. Whether it be eating too much or not eating enough.

    Although our journeys to weight loss are not the same, our journeys to wanting to be healthy are identical. Remember to reach out to the people who love you and to your readers for support when needed!

    Very proud indeed! :)

    SSW !

    ReplyDelete